Mendocino Outdoors, Fifth Edition
After four editions in print, I've turned my guidebook, Mendocino Outdoors, into an ebook, published in April 2017. You can buy a copy at Smashwords.com, the Apple iBooks Bookstore, Amazon’s Kindle Books, and Barnes & Noble's online store.
If you've got a book inside you waiting to get out, hire me to help you create and publish your ebook on all of the major services, including Apple's iBooks, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon's Kindle store. Whether it's text or images or diagrams, I can turn your material into an ebook. If you're interested, contact me to start the ball rolling.
The Fortune Cookie project is a rewrite of the old Unix file-based fortune cookie program. My version is a WordPress plugin with an Import function and a starting library of a thousand quotes and aphorisms. [More on Fortune Cookies Plugin]
Recently on Twitter as @dffmonolith
Most of my writing these days is in 140-character chunks, and here are my most recent tweets.
- Great application of #CSS3 Grids to create a responsive image grid: https://t.co/ygNGh8Fxud Minmax and auto-fit fun… https://t.co/Gjcu1GAYHm
- Excellent collection of useful #Javasacript snippets: https://t.co/tknDzpevmT #es6
- Pleased to report that my #SETI team has reached 5 million computation points! We are Team AstroScum (747680):… https://t.co/XrbSErLPtb
- Fun read about world map from 1587: https://t.co/BmRpZhRJK3 Nine feet by nine feet, with 60 sections now digitally recombined. #maps
- Fun animation of known asteroids in the solar system: https://t.co/02dSa6wKpR Amazing how often they make passes cl… https://t.co/oVW4bXeZ2d
- Comprehensive approach to providing good fallbacks for #CSS3 Grid layouts: https://t.co/sJO8f24Ivx Emerging markets… https://t.co/RHZRFniiVz
- Must be true if Charlie Brown says so.... https://t.co/DN6Ls6m4do
- Clever: Cloudflare generates cryptographic entropy by watching an array of lava lamps: https://t.co/BjHynkkSZz Better than any code!
- Impressive: using neural networks to enhance low-resolution images in 3 stages: https://t.co/p5fQ5lERF5 Upload your image and see....
- Great article (book excerpt from Richard Rutter) on designing #HTML5 tables to be read (not just look pretty): https://t.co/E8nhGpOOyK
Help Us Look for Aliens!
Whether you believe in Benevolent Overlords or BEMs, it behooves us to find the aliens before they find us. You know they’re out there, and it would be a lot less disruptive to find their radio signals than it would be to welcome them in person. The SETI project has been searching for years, using hundreds of thousands of computers to process data from Arecibo using the BOINC distributed computing screensaver.
If you have some spare cycles, join my team: AstroScum — Team 747680. Our combined score is pretty good for only 3 people, but it’s tough to compete against those with access to server farms. Join my team and share the credit when we discover the first verifiable alien signals!