Here are some other sites I’ve created over the last few years. All but one of these sites are based on WordPress.
C.V. Starr Community and Aquatic Center: this WordPress site shows all aspects of the C.V. Starr Center, including classes, pool access, fitness center, dog park, and more.
Mendocino Rotary Club: this WordPress site is for the Mendocino Rotary Club. The custom theme includes a custom post type for describing meetings.
Atrium Bed&Breakfast Inn: this lovely inn in Fort Bragg, CA, within walking distance of world-famous Glass Beach and MacKerricher State Park. The inn features 2 buildings connected by a large, flower-filled atrium.
Blanchard House: the Blanchard House is a single-room inn in Little River, CA. The inn overlooks Van Damme Beach and State Park, and you can easily see whales in season from the room’s deck.
Wagner Photo Art: this site is dedicated to the digital photography of Larry Wagner of Mendocino, CA. Larry takes beautiful photos of whatever he sees (and the Mendocino Coast is spectacular!), but he truly has a gift for portraits.
Other Sites (Archival)
Here are some older sites that have since been redesigned (by others).
Mendocino Coast District Hospital: I first moved this site from static HTML to WordPress, and then created multiple different custom themes over the years — they liked to keep things fresh!
Kelley House Museum, Mendocino, CA: I originally moved the site from Joomla to WordPress, and jointly created a custom theme with a student in my Web design class. Since I was also a Board member and a volunteer, I also networked the museum, installed half a dozen computers, and did a lot of graphic design for the organization.
Other Sites: other sites that have gone to the Great Bit Bucket in the Sky include:
- Mendocino Hotel and Hill House Inn, Mendocino CA: these lodging properties had the same owner, and I created and updated the sites for 5 years.
- Surf & Sand Motel, Fort Bragg, CA: I replaced the tables-based design with a proper CSS-based design. I also took photographs of the rooms and exterior, and used my photography of adjacent MacKerricher State Park.
- Surf Motel & Gardens, Fort Bragg, CA: in addition to creating and managing a site for this lovely motel, I also provided photography for the extensive gardens and other facilities.
- Mendo Litho: Mendocino Lithographers (Mendo Litho) was the top print shop on the Mendocino Coast, and this site featured all of their services, rate schedules, guidelines, and more.
- Mendocino Coast Travel: I created this site for Jim Davis, a travel agent on the Mendocino Coast.
- Branesky Sheet Metal: Branesky Sheet Metal does custom metalwork, heating systems, and stoves for heat.
- Agate Cove Inn: this was the first Web site I created after my time at HP Labs (the version shown here is from 2004). My wife and I bought this spectacular inn in Mendocino, CA, and then ran it for 6.5 years. Among my other duties, I was responsible for the Web site and other marketing. I immediately took over the Web site in 1999 when we bought the inn, and I continued to improve it the whole time. I placed the first Webcam on the site in 2000, overlooking Agate Cove and the beautiful Mendocino Headlands.